Linking custom widget

I'm having troubles linking a custom widget I built.  I took the gtklabel widget, and renamed all the
functions and widget to be gtklabel2 (did this same thing in an older version of gtk and it worked great).
Now when I try to link I get "unresolved reference to 'IA__gtk_misc_get_type'.  If I link in the gtkmisc.o,
then that one is ok, but others fail.

  Using nm, the symbol for IA__gtk_misc_get_type in gtkmisc.o is global ('T'), but in libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0 it
is local ('t').  Any help to get this to link would be great.  I'm using gtk+-2.10.0.  Did this same thing
with gtk+-2.4.1 and gtk+-2.8.17 and it worked, but many things have changed in this new version.

  Thanks for any help,
Mark