Re: [Fwd: VTE question]

Hi all,

Hi,

I would like to ask a "special" questions about the VTE widget. I have
to write an extension for VTE that makes possible to save and restore
the (all of the visible and non visible) state of the terminal. I've
almost done but it doesn't seem to work properly. When I restore the
terminal from a saved state it seems OK. But when I feed the same things
after the "restoring" as was feeded after the "saving" it doesn't do the
same. I think there are some flags, structures and things like these
that are not saved and I don't know exactly what should I save for the
proper solution.

Without showing us your code how can one help?

Does anybody know how to save and restore the state of the VTE terminal
in the proper way? (If there is a proper way)

There is no proper way to do this.  And save/resotre'ing all the state
correctly is not an easy job.  Can't you use 'screen' inside vte?  That
sure allows a lot of stuff to be done that is hard to do in vte.

Thanks in advance.

MCS
--
behdad