Re: Trying to make some workaround for win32 + gtk + threads bug

One approach could be to have a GTK thread that handles all other thread's GTK calls, like an X Server. Not trivial but you could isolate the choice for commands that you'll serve.

Chris

Tor Lillqvist wrote:

Tomasz Jankowski writes:
> Now I want to know, what I can do with widgets created in main
> thread. I noted, that I can't show/hide widgets from various
> threads, are there some more things, which I can't do with widgets
> from varoius threads on Win32?

I don't think any systematic experimentation has been done. We don't
promise you can do anything; if you experiment and it turns out you
can do something, it's on your own risk...

> Was this bug even in small piece solved since gtk+ v2.8?

Well, a few workaround was suggested in bug #60620, but how useful
they are I don't know.

--tml