Re: Recording widget motion

This is for music editing software I'm thinking about writing.
Basically, the user should be able to "record" the volume during
playback by sliding the GtkHScale around. When he plays it back the
next time, the volume should change according to the way he recorded
it (i.e. it'll wiggle around by itself during the song playback). If
you use Reason 3, you'll know what I mean. Anyways, I've found out a
(unclean) way to do this, and I'm looking into using GStreamer and
GstController's for this. Still, any links or pointers would be
appreciated.

Samuel Cormier-Iijima

On 9/7/06, Carlo Agrusti <carlo-ag libero it> wrote:
Samuel Cormier-Iijima ha scritto lo scorso 07/09/2006 05:02:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have a GtkAdjustment and HScale and I'd like to be able to record
> and playback the user's movement. To clarify: a user should be able to
> push a "record" button, after which he can drag the Scale widget
> however he wishes for a couple of seconds. Afterwards, he should be
> able to push "play" and see his motions "played back" for him, exactly
> the way he dragged it. I was wondering if there was a way to do this
> (I was considering GStreamer elements but that seemed like overkill).
> Any pointers to sample code, etc. would be appreciated :-).

Not very clear what you want to get; anyway, it looks like you wish to
store the position set by user (\see gtk_scale_get_value_pos) and then
set the same value again in some programmatic way (\see
gtk_scale_set_value_pos).