Re: Unsolved clipping problem

Do you mean that even after you stop moving the slider your program looks
wrong?

No, the clipping effect occurs while I move the slider.

But when you let go of the slider, the windows look OK? I don't think
there is any problem then, surely it is understandable that while
scrolling there might be temporary display artifacts?

Do you have a screenshot?

http://web8.free.fr/images/pbClipping.gif

Is this how it looks just temporatily while you are moving the slider,
or does it look like this even if you keep the slider stationary?

GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid cast from `GtkScrolledWindow' to `GtkBox'
Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_box_pack_start: assertion `GTK_IS_BOX (box)' failed

I.e. the gtk_box_pack_start() function returns withou doing anything
at all. Don't you get these warnings?

No, I use CodeBlocks IDE (with warning option checked).

Those are run-time warnings, not compile-time. Don't you see them when
you run the program? In case you build the program as a "windowing
application" (i.e., if you pass the -mwindows flag to gcc in the
linking stage) the program's standard output and standard error don't
show up anywhere (unless you explicitly redirect them to a pipe or
file). That's why it's a bad idea to use -mwindows while developing an
application. -mwindows should be turned of only when doing the the
"release" build.

Have you any idea about this pb ?

No.

--tml