Tweaking GUI, losing code (GTK+ and Ruby)

I'm teaching myself to program using glade, libglade, the "ruby-glade-create-template" script and ruby.

I've found that I'll often have to go in and edit the GUI I designed to fix something that I forgot or wanted to tweak. When I do this

Is there a way that I can modify the glade-created GUI without losing the edits to the code that I've made? Is there an easier way to do GTK with Ruby? Or perhaps even something different from GTK for ruby that should work "better" for GUI efforts with Ruby?

TIA,

--Flak