Re: Get a character size (height, width) in pango

Alexandre wrote:
  Hi.

  I've searched for it in the pango reference but I haven't found..
  I realy want to know how to get the width and height of a character in pago, with it's
PangoFontDescriptor..
  I know the character's width is not constant, but a average would be ok...

I use something like this to get the character size in a GtkTextView:

get_char_size(GtkWidget *widget, gint *char_height, gint *char_width)
{
  PangoLayout    *layout;
  PangoRectangle  logical_rect;

  layout = gtk_widget_create_pango_layout(widget, "W");
  pango_layout_get_pixel_extents(layout, NULL, &logical_rect);
  *char_height = logical_rect.height;
  *char_width  = logical_rect.width;

  g_object_unref(layout);
}

But I use fixed-width fonts. With variable-width fonts the problem is
more complicated.

--
Practical people would be more practical if they would take a little
more time for dreaming.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
ekalin bol com br
http://move.to/hpkb