How to zoom image using GtkImage Widget?

Hi everyone!

 I'm trying to write a program using GtkImage widget to show image, I want to zoom image in the widget. My
solution is :
1 create a GtkImage
2 add handler for "size-allocate" signal of GtkImage widget
3 use gdk functions to scale the image

The main problem is on the step 2, in the callback of the "size-allocate" signal, I always get width of the
request width, it seems not the actual width allocated for GtkImage. Is it a bug?

If anyone has some solution or can fix problem, let me know.

Thanks advance