gtkentry grab-focus

Say you have some widgets, one of them being a gtkentry. When you tab
through the widgets towards the entry, its text will be selected when
the entry gets focus. I would like that behaviour also when I just
click the text in the entry.

I connect to the grab-focus signal where I select all available text
in the callback function. But as soon as I click some text in the
widget, the text gets deselected as soon as I release the left mouse
button press.

Which signals should I connect to to get the desired result?

thanks in advance.

ps Why don't I get the move-cursor signal when I change the cursor
position in the entry by clicking with the mouse?