Libglade application distribution how-to?

Dearest ones,

I have a working set of .C and .H source files for my application, a bunch of Glade files and their icons in a subdirectory called "pixmaps", and I can get all this stuff compiled and functional through Anjuta. Ok.

But could you please point out a good tutorial of how to put all this stuff in a source tarball, so the application can be downloaded and tested by other people? I could not find anything like that with Google. I am sure I am NOT doing it right:

- There is all that EXTREMELY complicated stuff of autoconf, automake, makefiles, etc., first of all. Can I presume that just putting my Anjuta-generated Makefiles along with the sources in the tarball will work? Or what exactly must be done?

- Although Glade can see and draw the pixmaps in "./pixmaps" when I edit the interface files, I found out (after a project directory change) that the pixmaps are not found in runtime. Maybe this is the reason I get those "Failed to read a valid object file image from memory" when running the app from GDB. How can one force libglade to find these pixmaps?

- I have been using the "config.h" macro PACKAGE_SRC_DIR in the sources for loading the Glade files, but what will happen if someone wants to build a, for example, Debian binary package with the software? I suppose there will be no "source directory" in this case, so what would be the correct way of coding this libglade stuff?

Thank you all and best regards!

Fabricio Rocha
Brasilia, Brasil
The RADiola Project - http://radiola.sourceforge.net