Re: How do you get the data from a GList?

you can iterate through the list:

node = mylist;
while (next)
{
   gtk_tree_model_get_iter (treemodel, &iter, GTK_TREE_PATH (node->data));

   /* Gets data in column COLUMN  (zero based) and copies (depending the
type) it into data*/
   gtk_tree_model_get (model, &iter, COLUMN, &data, -1);

   next = g_slist_next (node);
}

Be aware that if you modify the model you may end up with a non-valid list
of paths. If you do so, convert the path's list into a list of
GtkTreeRowReferences.
Check this:

   gtk_tree_selection_get_selected_rows
()<http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkTreeModel.html#gtk-tree-row-reference-new>