How do you get the data from a GList?

I have created a GList with the following code :
  GList                     *my_list;
  GtkTreeSelection  *selection;
  GtkTreeModel      *model;

  selection = gtk_tree_view_get_selection(list_file_treeview);
  model = gtk_tree_view_get_model(list_file_treeview);
  my_list = gtk_tree_selection_get_selected_rows(selection, &model);

The list contains rows of data that were in my GtkTreeView. The treeview has several rows and columns. I want to iterate through my_list and work on the data. So what do I need to do to get to the data. Example, say one of the rows in my tree had several columns
of names. How do I access the name in the third column in row two.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Steve