Re: GTK+ Signals

On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 08:20:34PM +0530, natarajan wrote:
   Is there a place where I can find information about the sequence of
signals that will be emitted when a widget is created / destroyed and
also which signal is to be used for what purpose ?

Not exactly, but see

  http://developer.gnome.org/doc/GGAD/z57.html

and around.  The signals correspond to the various events in
the life of a widget quite clearly.

Also is there anything like a hook which I can use to capture any signal
emitted for an widget ?

Not exactly, but you can do for example one of the
following:

- compile GLib with --debug=yes and then set
  GOBJECT_DEBUG=signals to get info about every signal
  emission dumped to console

- use g_signal_add_emission_hook() to catch all emissions of
  a signal for all instances

- use g_signal_list_ids() to get all signals that objects of
  a given type can emit and then connect to them in a loop
  for an instance; note you have to recusrsively scan parent
  classes and implemented interfaces and and their signals
  too, inherited signals are not returned

Yeti

--
Whatever.