Re: Autocompletion with GtkComboBoxEntry

On Sun, 2006-11-05 at 00:03 -0500, David Hampton wrote:
On Sun, 2006-11-05 at 02:52 +0000, Peter Clifton wrote:
Hi,

I have been browsing the docs (and Google) to see if I can use an
GtkEntryCompletion with a GtkComboBoxEntry widget. So far, it looks like
the answer is "perhaps".

I implemented GtkComboBoxEntry completion for GnuCash.  Take a look at
the functions in

http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/browser/gnucash/trunk/src/core-utils/gnc-gtk-utils.c

and see if they do what you want.

David

I've not compiled it, but from reading the code, it looks like _exactly_
what I want.

(There was me thinking:

entry = GTK_ENTRY(gtk_bin_get_child(GTK_BIN(cbe)));

was crazy talk when I posted a similar line to see if it was a possible
starting point!.. I must be getting better acquainted with GTK if I can
figure such things out now!)

Many thanks for your reply,

--
Peter Clifton