Autocompletion with GtkComboBoxEntry

Hi,

I have been browsing the docs (and Google) to see if I can use an
GtkEntryCompletion with a GtkComboBoxEntry widget. So far, it looks like
the answer is "perhaps".

I found this post, and the code does (in principle) what I want:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-perl-list/2004-May/msg00145.html

However, it uses the deprecated GtkCombo widget (which I of course don't
want to use). (Oh.. my language is C, that example was just one I found)

Can I get a pointer to the GtkEntry widget used in the combo-box, and
start from there? I couldn't see any API to get it explicitly.

Would gtk_bin_get_child( GTK_BIN( combo_box_entry_pointer ) return the
entry widget?

Any help or advice on how to auto-complete with a GtkComboBoxEntry would
be much appreciated.

Regards,

--
Peter Clifton