Re: newbie: How do I place cursor(set focus) in specific gtkentry?

On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 06:34:55AM -0500, David Capps wrote:
I am putting together a simple app (using Python 2.4,
gtk-win32-2.8.6-rc2, Glade 2.12.1, GladeGen) that does some
calculations. It has three entry boxes, some labels and a couple of
buttons. When one button is clicked it clears the entry boxes and leaves
the clicked button with focus. I want to have the cursor move to the
first entry box so I can begin typing immediately, without having to
click in the first entry with mouse. How do I do this?

Use gtk_widget_grab_focus() to give focus to the entry.  The
Python equivalent is widget.grab_focus().  You may also need
gtk_button_set_focus_on_click() to stop the button from
grabbing focus on click.

Yeti

--
Anonyms eat their boogers.