newbie: How do I place cursor(set focus) in specific gtkentry?

I am putting together a simple app (using Python 2.4, gtk-win32-2.8.6-rc2, Glade 2.12.1, GladeGen) that does some calculations. It has three entry boxes, some labels and a couple of buttons. When one button is clicked it clears the entry boxes and leaves the clicked button with focus. I want to have the cursor move to the first entry box so I can begin typing immediately, without having to click in the first entry with mouse. How do I do this? Nothing I have found in documentation or tried on my own has worked.
dc