GTK+ 2.8.17 (which packages to choose for win xp)

Mehmet YASAR writes:
I have the choise between the official packages (gtk.org) and the
tml's ones.

Those are the same. The Win32 packages on ftp.gtk.org are built and
uploaded by me.

I see that tml is distributing (and advising) newer packages for
glib and pango (for example: pango-1.12.1 instead of pango-1.10).

Umm, you are probably just confused by a slight inconsistency in how
the win32 zipfiles are divided between the folders on the ftp site. I
now added the Pango 1.12 zipfiles also to the "v2.8" folder.

Could someone (or Tor) give me some explanations ?

Always use the newest ones unless you have some specific reason to use
older versions.

--tml