Re: Gtk+ / DirectFb / Pango performance

Hello Sean,

Sean Kelley wrote:
Have you considered Gtk+ 2.6 for your embedded design?  Instead of
DIrectFB, which is rather rough around the edges, why not use a
tinyx-server like kdrive?   I am using it in a design on an XScale.

can you tell me something about your experience with kdrive? How stable is it, how much memory does is use and how fast is it compared to directfb? At the moment I'm using Gtk+-directfb 2.0.9, tried a newer GTK version too, but especially pango was so damn slow that I decided to use an older version. Now ended up with some memory leaks in GTK... Since kdrive seems not to be updated in the last years (at least I can't find up-to-date documentation) I hesitate a little bit to switch from directfb to it.

Hannes