Re: gtk-2.8.17: combo box: width calculated incorrectly?

On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 12:16:22PM +0200, Felix Kater wrote:
I am using gtk-2.8.17/win32. I've made a combo box with about 30 entries, most just text, some lines like
"**********************************" (a string of asterisks).

At runtime when I open the box I've noticed that the combo box adds more extra space to the right of all
lines than actually needed by the longest line. So to put in simple words: the widget is too wide.

It seems to me as if the combo box does not calculate correctly the maximum line width and so reseves too
much space (of course even when it is in closed state).

If you find a bug in Gtk+, plase file a bug report in Gnome
bugzilla, attach a simple test case that triggers this bug
and include the necessary details (for example in this case
the version of Pango and other font-related information can
be relevant too).

Yeti

--
Anonyms eat their boogers.