Re: GtkFileChooserButton on grabbed windows

On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 05:09:53PM +0200, Francesco Montorsi wrote:
  I'm using GtkFileChooserButton and I've found that if I call
gtk_grab_add on the toplevel window containing that button, then the
dialog shown by the button will be un-responsive while the main window
will continue to handle user events (i.e. the dialog created by the
dialog is not modal).

This can be seen also in gtk-demo\pickers.c adding:

gtk_grab_add(window);

before the call to gtk_widget_show_all(). Running the pickers sample and
clicking the dir-selector or the file-selector will show two unusable
dialogs... how can I avoid it (for some long-to-explain reasons, I
cannot remove the gtk_grab_add call on the parent window) ?

You can set up the file chooser dialog yourself and pass it
to gtk_file_chooser_button_new_with_dialog() constructor.

If the parent window is modal, setting the dialog modal too
should suffice.  If you for some reason do explicit grab,
it does not seem to suffice and you have to

    g_signal_connect(dialog, "show", G_CALLBACK(gtk_grab_add), NULL);
    g_signal_connect(dialog, "hide", G_CALLBACK(gtk_grab_remove), NULL);

instead (or something like that).

Yeti

--
Anonyms eat their boogers.