Re: table widget: expanding

On Thu, 4 May 2006 23:33:18 +0200
David NeÄas (Yeti) <yeti physics muni cz> wrote:

On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 11:12:32PM +0200, Felix Kater wrote:

To achieve this I assume I need to do two things: tell the table to expand itself to the maximum, and
tell it to expand the second row only (the scrolled window) and not the first (the label).

Please see the attached example, I hope it does what you
need.

Thanks a lot for the example! I've learned that the GtkAttachOptions can be combined.

In my code it works now if I attach the label with GtkAttachOptions == 0, but the scrolled window with
GTK_FILL | GTK_EXPAND. So the label uses small space, the scrolled widget consumes the rest.

However, I wonder why attaching a label with GTK_FILL | GTK_EXPAND expands its cell--since it is not that
large... (?) In other words: It seems that attaching a bunch of widgets with different sizes but using
GTK_FILL | GTK_EXPAND makes a non-homogeneous table look homogeneous?

Felix