table widget: expanding

Hi,

my table widget simply contains a label (first row) and a scrolled window (second row). I need the scrolled
window (with a large drawing area inside) to expand. However, it doesn't.

To achieve this I assume I need to do two things: tell the table to expand itself to the maximum, and tell it
to expand the second row only (the scrolled window) and not the first (the label).

What's the way to do that? I am a bit confused by the variety of options.

Should it be enough to use GTK_EXPAND as GtkAttachOptions when attaching the scrolled window? Or do I have to
do other things additionally like using GTK_SHRINK for the upper row, set the table itself to a non
homogeneous state, ...?

I don't want to use gtk_widget_set_size_request() which is too strict when it comes to user interactions on
the toplevel window. gtk_widget_set_size_default() doesn't seem to have any effect.

Felix