Re: Issue with gtk+ 2.8.15 for win32

David Necas (Yeti) wrote:
On Sat, Mar 25, 2006 at 07:11:36AM -0500, Elden Armbrust wrote:
The whole thing is quite confusing. The code in the tutorial on the gtk site uses destroy_event,

I can see only three signal connections there: to
"delete_event", "destroy", and "clicked" (of the button),
no "destroy_event".

My mistake, I misread what I had typed (It's still fairly early here, and I wrote that email while half asleep)
but uses g_signal_connect.
Glade, however, appears to be using gtk_signal_connect.

I would not infer anything from glade-generated code as code
generation has been deprecated for a long time.

Fair enough.  I wasn't aware of this.
This, I assume, is why the tutorial code worked while the glade code didn't.

gtk_signal_connect() is a simple compatibility wrapper
around g_signal_connect() (g_signal_connect_closure_by_id(),
actually).  It should work equivalently.

Should, from what you say, but sadly isn't in my distribution of the binaries/libraries. (It is however, working fine on the Linux distribution I have.)
Go figure.

-Elden Armbrust
Yeti

--