Cursor missing from TreeStore

Hi list

        Has anyone experienced a missing cursor when editing string columns in a tree store. Editing works
fine, and the cursor is practically there, but I can't see it :o) I can select a sub string with the mouse or
shift+arrow keys, with the selection highlighted, but still the regular cursor is missing.
        I believe the same to happen with regular GtkEntry's, but there's a slight chance my aging mind is
playing tricks with me here at work far away from my development box.

        N :o)