Re: Hide focus border

Hannes Mayr wrote:
Hello,

is there a way to hide or to make invisible the dotted focus border?
I'm developing an application for a small display on an embedded board and there is no mouse pointer, just a keyboard with several buttons to move the selection up and down in a treeview. If I set the selection to the first row of the treeview (with gtk_tree_view_set_cursor) the focus border is on the first column. What I want to achieve is to have an entire selection of the first row without that focus border.
Maybe someone can give me a hint.

Hi Hannes,

Hmmmm, not 100% sure of the dotted focus border you mean. When I set the selection to the first row of a TreeView widget, it selects the entire row with nothing graphically different about the first column:

        // Temporary GtkPath
        GtkTreePath                     *tmp_path;

        // Select the top row in the TreeView widget
        tmp_path = gtk_tree_path_new_first();
gtk_tree_view_set_cursor(GTK_TREE_VIEW(treeview_widget), tmp_path, NULL, FALSE);

Is there a chance the way you're setting the path, or the value you're using for the focus_column parameter (NULL in code above), might be giving you a problem?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Thanks,
Hannes