Re: Handling Unix signals in a GTK+ application

David Necas (Yeti) wrote:

On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 03:40:08PM -0500, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
Yes sure, but why would you want to use a flag... when you can just call g_idle_add
*from the signal hanlder*

Is g_idle_add() really reentrant?  It does not look so at
the first sight.

Well, it locks a mutex before accessing the GMainContext; so if gtk+ is
compiled with threads... it should work... unless I'm on crack and mutexes
are useless from signal handlers... but I dont think so.

Cheers,
                                    -Tristan