Pass text to a browser...

Here is my issue:

I am creating a very simple app that consists of a text field and a submit button. My goal is to add text to the text field and when the submit button is hit, it will pass a url to a browser.

For instance:

When "123" is entered into the text field and the "submit" button is hit, it will open a browser to http://website.com/path=123

By scouring the web for info, I've been able to combine the text and have it print at the top of the app...here's the code:

void
on_button1_clicked(GtkButton *button, gpointer user_data){

GtkWidget * label = lookup_widget(GTK_WIDGET(button), "label1");
GtkWidget * entry = lookup_widget(GTK_WIDGET(button), "entry1");

gchar output[50]="http://website.com/path=";;
strcat(output,gtk_entry_get_text(GTK_ENTRY(entry)));
gtk_label_set_text(GTK_LABEL(label),output);
}

This was pretty much done for testing purposes...

Obviously, instead of having the url print on the top of the app, I'd like the url to be passed to a browser when the submit button is hit.

The operating system is linux, and the browser will either be firefox or konqueror.

Here is the little I have so far...

#ifdef __linux__
#define BROWSER "konqueror"
#else
#define BROWSER "firefox"
#endif

I'm sure that will define the browser, I'm just not sure how to pass the url to said browser.

Thanks in advance!