The procedure entry point g_intern_static_string could not be located

When I start gtk-demo.exe under WindowsXP I receive the message:
        The procedure entry point g_intern_static_string could not be
        located in the dynamic link library libglib-2.0-0.dll.

I've extracted the following files
        atk-1.10.3.zip
        atk-dev-1.10.3.zip
        cairo-1.0.2.zip
        cairo-dev-1.0.2.zip
        glib-2.8.6.zip
        glib-dev-2.8.6.zip
        gtk+-2.8.15.zip
        gtk+-dev-2.8.15.zip
        pango-1.10.3.zip
        pango-dev-1.10.3.zip
        dependencies/gettext-0.14.5.zip
        dependencies/gettext-dev-0.14.5.zip
        dependencies/libiconv-1.9.1.bin.woe32.zip
downloaded from ftp://ftp.gtk.org/pub/gtk/v2.8/win32 to
d:\dev-cpp\gtk. These are the latest versions of binary GTK packages
available.

Directory d:\dev-cpp\gtk\bin is in my %PATH%.

I've tried to downgrade glib down to 2.8.0 with no luck.

Could you try this and confirm if it is a bug. Maybe I'm doing
something wrong?

Regards
Tometzky

PS. The exact wording of a message could be a little different - I've
Polish version of XP so I googled the message.
--
...although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a
moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you