Help Fill In Blank (glade-2 project)

Hello,

I'm still pretty new to C programming and especially glib / gtk ... so
I'm wondering if you could help me fill in the blank.  Attached is a
glade project with a blank area at the upper left hand side that needs a
sound recorder/player put in it.  it would be great if I could just drop
some sort of pre-built thing like gnome-sound-recorder into that
spot ;-)  And it would be nice to be able to drop GEdit into the 'notes'
spot :-)

The project is a classroom note taking type application with the
addition of the ability to record the teacher/speaker.    It's ment to
be used full screen.  You write your notes in the 'notes' section on the
right hand side and you record the lecture on the upper left hand side.
The rest of the left hand side is meta data type stuff about the
class/subject.

I'd appreciate any glade-2 samples or suggestions ... especially for the
recorder/player area.  If there is actually a way to put use GEdit as a
drop in replacement for the 'notes' section, I'd like to know how to do
that ;-)

-- Tony