Re: Tr: Re: Save gtkliststore

Pascal Bellicano wrote:

I don't see exactly what you mean..

Iterate with which pointer ? Which struct is
concerned
?? How have I to start and when to stop ? Why will
it
be diffrent to write than to read ?

You speak about fileformat ? I only know 2 : binary
and text.. I thought about gnomedb too because my
app
should work on multiple station on the same files..

It would be really great if you could give some
examples and explain the problem of fileformats too.

Thank you a lot

You'll be using GtkTreeIter *. Please look at the API docs
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkTreeModel.html. These
should always be your first resource. As far as file formats, I think
he's referring to whether you want to save normal C structures to disk,
save some kind of line-by-line thing, use XML, use SQLLite, etc. XML is
extremely versatile, but it can be kind of tricky to learn. Check out a
parser like the following: http://www.xmlsoft.org/. Your basic structure
will be:

OPENING:
Access the file for reading
for each item in file
append item to treeview
Close the file

SAVING:
Access the file for writing
for each item in treeview
append item to file
Close the file

Again, the API docs are your friend.

--- Ignacio Martín <newwen gmail com> a écrit :

You should iterate through the list and get all

the

values you want to
store and write them. In order to read them out,

you

should parse them
(fscanf comes handy here). Think on the best file
format for you. Try
it, it is easy. If you don't get results, ask

again

;)

2006/3/6, Bellicano Pascal