Re: Now, about gtk_tree's

On 6/29/06, "John Coppens" <john jcoppens com> wrote:
> Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 13:50:41 -0300
From: John Coppens <john jcoppens com>
Subject: Re: Now, about gtk_tree's
To: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 17:26:12 +0200
"simon kendall" <malicious kendall gmail com> wrote:

> Hi,
> So, following the advice of converting the lists to trees, I started
> changing all the functions into tree-oriented ones. I have a book on
> the subject, and I read the section on trees as there is no
> documentation on gtk.org. Now, for every tree-related function I write
> my compiler says it's undeclared. Also checked developer.gnome.org,
> but that does not either say anything about such. Anything I'm doing
> wrong, you think?

Possibly... Do you have GTK+ 2.xxx installed? I do suspect you are really
talking about clists to be converted into GtkTreeModels. aren't you?

And there is documentation,

GTK+ 2.0 Tree View Tutorial

http://www.gtk.org/tutorial/

which guides you, step-by-step, through the process of defining them.
Coming from clists, you'll be interested mostly in the GtkListStore
widget. It _is_ quite a step from CLists, but well worth it!

John

I suppose I would be yet again working on something not quite existing
in GTK+ 2, for I was writing stuff in style with gtk_tree_new and
gtk_tree_item_new, which apparently isn't defined. In this case, I am
rather starting to doubt the information in my book, but what the
heck. Anyway, in gtk.org/tutorial, the only thing on TreeViews seem to
be under Undocumented Widgets.

I suppose I'll check up on CLists and GtkListStore, thanks for the answer.