Re: filechooserbutton and saving

Am Montag, den 26.06.2006, 21:39 +0200 schrieb Karl H. Beckers:
Hi all,
can anybody explain why the filechooserbutton cannot popup an
filechooser with the save action?

And if that is an unavoidable truth, is there a way to get a button that
looks like the filechooserbutton but let's me control events (since I
can't seem to react on the filechooserbutton's button_press event
myself) ... and then short of reinventing the filechooserbutton ;S

TIA,

Karl.

I even tried creating my filechooserdialog myself and adding the
filechooserbutton as a custom widget to my glade ui and creating the
widget with the ..._with_dialog function, but also get:

(xvidcap:10389): Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_file_chooser_button_set_property:
Choosers of type `GtkFileChooserButton' do not support
`GTK_FILE_CHOOSER_ACTION_SAVE'.

*grmbrl*

what do you folks do about this?

Karl.