Re: Multi monitor environment

On 6/23/06, 3saul <saul_lethbridge hotmail com> wrote:
How do I find out which monitor my application is on in a multiple monitor
environment?

There's GdkScreen which is supposed to have this information, at least
in a traditional X multihead setup:

 http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gdk/GdkScreen.html

This isn't going to give useful information if a window straddles a
screen, eg. in Xinerama or Win32-style multihead.

You might also be able to control which screen your windows appear on
by setting this, though I've never tried it. And it might not work on
non-X backends.