Re: debugging information

I do not know how to interpret 2198.
However, you can debug such thing by running your program under gdb with G_DEBUG=fatal_warnings set in the environment. G_DEBUG=fatal_warnings will cause the program to assert when it will reach the error and then you will be able to call bt (backtrace) in gdb and see the stack trace.

Denis

Yiannis wrote:

Sorry if this is beyond the scope of this list.... but on the following
message

(md:2198): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT
(object)' failed

which is a runtime error I am wondering what is the (md:2198). Yes md is the
program name... but the 2198 is to which use to me in order to find which
particular g_object_unref in this case is failing? In other words is it
possible to trace the file/function/line that this error is caused from?

Cheers.