From: blythe2 tcnj edu [mailto:blythe2 tcnj edu]
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2006 6:41 PM
To: Sailaxmi korada
Subject: Re: Limiting the number of characters

Looking at the API, it seems that no function is available to do this.
GtkEntry has a function to limit the number of characters allowed, but
editable cells don't seem to have this.

As a cheap hack, however, you could attach a function to the "edited"
signal (or whatever it's name is) of the cell, and then count the number
of characters.  If it's over 4, you could just trim it down, or display an
error, etc..  Not quite as nice, but I don't see a function to do it
otherwise.  (Of course, I could be wrong)

Hope that helps!

-Nate

Hi Folks,

  Can anybody pl. help me of how to limit the number of characters that
can
be entered in an editable cell of List Store. I want to restrict the user
enter a hex value in 0x%4x format (total 6 characters).

Thanks for your help in advance

Regards

Sai korada