RE: best way to cutomize gtktextview

And end block A with a zero-width space (U+200B).  Please let us know how
this works out..

-----Original Message-----
From: gtk-app-devel-list-bounces gnome org
[mailto:gtk-app-devel-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of David Necas
(Yeti)
Sent: Friday, June 09, 2006 5:55 AM
To: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
Subject: Re: best way to cutomize gtktextview

On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 05:42:00PM +0200, mehmet YASAR wrote:
I'm displaying "logical block" of text inside a gtktextview and I need
to control how it is displayed.
I'm mainly using gtktextview's line wrapping but I may insert some new
line.

Let suppose I have two blocks (A & B), the resulting string is:
      "AAAAA A AAAA A AABBB BBBBBBBBB BBBB B"

I want the gtktextview to display it (depending on the gtktextview's
width)
      AAAAA A AAAA A AABBB BBBBBBBBB BBBB B\n
or
      AAAAA A AAAA A AA \n
      BBB BBBBBBBBB BBBB B

What I've done is:
- catch "size-allocate" signal
- use gtk_text_view_forward_display_line_end to check how the block are
displayed
- insert new line into gtktextbuffer where necessary

That works but it is a bit slow, is there a better way to do it ?

If it is possible, the far easiest way is to use
non-breaking spaces (U+00A0) not normal spaces (U+0020) for
non-breaking spaces.  That's why they exist.

Yeti