Re: Compilation error with xml

On Sun, Jun 04, 2006 at 01:30:22PM +0200, Guillaume Ruch wrote:

Thanks for your answer but I think the problem is somewhere else... When I try to compile a very
minimal program like :

#include <stdio.h>
#include <gtk-2.0/gtk/gtk.h>
#include <libglade-2.0/glade/glade.h>

These are very strange include paths and I am surprised they
work with the -I flags `pkg-config --cflags' prints.

#include <gtk/gtk.h>
#include <glade/glade.h>

is normal.

... code ...

I get the same errors (the interface is just a button on a window...)

Perhaps my compiling command is not good ? : gcc -o prog1 prog1.c `pkg-config --cflags --libs
gtk+-2.0` `libglade-config --libs gnome`  -lxml -export-dynamic

Ah, I see how GtkData gets there.

  libglade-config --libs gnome

gets flags for Gnome1 and you get a mix of Gtk+1 and Gtk+2.

Replace it with correspinding pkg-config invocation (asking
for gnomeui-2.0 and libglade-2.0 should be roughly
equivalent) and use glade2.  Unless you want to use glade1,
Gtk+1 and Gnome1 -- in which case I cannot help you.

Yeti

--
Anonyms eat their boogers.