Re: Change state of a GtkCheckMenuItem w/o signal triggering

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 14:06:21 +0200, David NeÄas (Yeti)
<yeti physics muni cz> wrote:

I tried gtk_check_menu_item_set_active() and setting the active
property with g_object_set(), but in both ways the toggled signal is
emitted when the state changes(if it is TRUE and I set it to TRUE
nothing happens).
But I want to change the state so that the signal is never emitted.
The signal itself is needed for user interaction. So, not
connecting to the signal doesn't solve my problem.

Is there an option which I missed?

Blocking the signal handler when the state is changed
programatically, setting some flag when the state is changed
programatically, ...
This is what I'm doing at the moment, but it is not very nice.
There should be a possibility to change the state without triggering
the signal.

Regards,
Enrico