Label problem under Win32

I have a small GTK+ application for Linux and recently ported it for
Windows (2000). However I am experiencing one problem - the text in
all label is white instead of black. I do not have any fancy themes or
appearance tweaks. More interestingly the mnemonics show in black i.e.
if I have a button with text "_Cancel" the underline would be black
but none of the text. Is there some setting which affects this because
I do not want to force the color?

Atanas