Re: Displaying text as a vertical marquee

This is occurring inside of a widget which auto-responds to locale
changes. I'd hoped to avoid iterating across (and reformatting) the
input whenever a set_text() call occurs.

Thanks

On 7/17/06, David Nečas (Yeti) <yeti physics muni cz> wrote:
On Mon, Jul 17, 2006 at 02:28:43PM -0500, Matt Hoosier wrote:
> Does anybody have some ideas about a clean way to format some text as
> a vertical marquee without resorting to Pango layout/font
> manipulation? I.e., if "foobar" is the text, then it should be
> rendered with the characters stacked one atop the other:

What is wrong with "f\no\no\nb\na\nr"?  Either as a label or
drawn as a Pango layout (a matter of three lines of code).

Yeti

--
Anonyms eat their boogers.