Re: SCIM

Did you set environment vairable XMODIFIERS= im=SCIM(in uppercase)?
Optionally, you could also set GTK_IM_MODULE=scim(in lowercase) to use
SCIM's gtkimmodule inteface.

On 7/13/06, jan <jan talentex demon co uk> wrote:

Does anybody here have any experience with input methods - especially
SCIM? I have upgraded my GNOME (I use gentoo on AMD64) to 2.12.3, and
installed SCIM 1.4.2. I've had it working before, but now it just
doesn't seem to do anything.

I can start scim without errors, I can see it listening in netstat and
lsof etc, but GNOME doesn't seem to even look for it - at least there is
no reaction when I press the key combinations that are supposed to
activate it, and there is no icon in my taskbar.

Is there a way to get some logging out of GNOME? What is the relevant
part of the system that should handle these things - maybe some of that
is broken, or perhaps there is a configuration file somewhere that's not
right? Or can it be my X server (version 7.0, I think)?

/jan