Re: Limiting Entry widget to numeric input

Il giorno ven, 07/07/2006 alle 16.02 -0700, zagat ha scritto:
  I am using glade to setup a user interface and I would like to have Entry boxs which only accept
numerical input (both integer and floating point, both positive and negative values) and also perform data
validation (ie, data stays within specified limits).

  I've looked at SpinButtons but I do not want to have the up/down arrows.

  Is there some widget which implements the data verification functions of a Spinbutton but only displays
the associated Entry box?    Alternately, is there a simple way to get a Spinbutton to not display the
up/down arrows?

  I would think that having a numeric input only Entry widget would be a pretty common feature, so maybe I
missed it?

http://www.gtk.org/faq/#AEN843

http://gtkmaskedentry.sourceforge.net/
http://gtkdateentry.sourceforge.net/