toolbarbutton don't works

Hallo,
first: why the archive gtk-app-devel-list/2006-June doesn't work?

I have start the app under gnome destop, it also doesn't work. I have
changed the source code to use the new functions for toolbar

            toolItem = gtk_tool_button_new(iconw,
                g_locale_to_utf8( text, -1, NULL, NULL, NULL));
            g_signal_connect(G_OBJECT(toolItem), "clicked",
                      G_CALLBACK(m_gt_button_press), xe);
            tTip = gtk_tooltips_new();
            gtk_tool_item_set_tooltip(toolItem, tTip,
                g_locale_to_utf8( tooltip, -1, NULL, NULL,
                                  NULL ), "Private");
            gtk_toolbar_insert((GtkToolbar *)toolbar, toolItem, -1);
            gtk_widget_show(iconw);
            gtk_widget_show((GtkWidget *)toolItem);
I can click the toolbarbutton, first time the callback-function is called,
but if I don't move the mouse from the button and click it, the callback
isn't called.
An previous problem - colors in GtkEntry - I have solved with an empty file
.no-atrc-to-tgkrc-mapping in my home-dir. See gtk-app-devel-list/2006-May
"color in gtkentry"
Brigitte