Re: Fade between two images (dissolve)

Saul Lethbridge wrote:
I'm wanting to load two images and fade between them much like the ImageMagick command:

composite --dissolve 100 image1.jpg image2.jpg output.jpg

However I'm wanting to display the image as it dissolves from one image to the other - so it will apear as if one image is dissolving into another in realtime. Can this be done with something like gdk_pixbuf_composite??

I am new to gtk programming...any help much appreciated.

Advanced image manipulation is not intended to be included in GTK.
There are two solution for this specific problem:

1. Write the fade algorithm by yourself
2. Use the ImageMagick library function directly

Cheers

Andy