Signal when the cursor of a GtkTextView is changed

(I'm sending this again because it seems the original didn't reach the
list. Let's hope this is not a duplicate.)

I would like to connect a signal to do some action whenever the cursor
of a GtkTextView is changed because of a key that causes movement such
as the arrows was pressed, or the mouse was used to position it (and it
would be no problem if this signal was also emitted when the cursor
moves because some text is inserted or deleted). But I could not find a
way to do that.

There is a "move-cursor" signal in GtkTextView, but the docs say that
one should not connect to it. Is there a way to catch cursor movements
in a signal?

--
Q:      What does it say on the bottom of Coke cans in North Dakota?
A:      Open other end.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
ekalin bol com br
http://move.to/hpkb