Re: help on gtk_init (&argc, &argv) with xvfb on cgi app

Hi,

Xu, Ming (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [F] schrieb:
Hello.

I am using wxWidget (wrapper for gtk2+ ) for drawing a bitmap
on cgi application, the bitmap is created and drawn on memory
buffer by wxMemomryDC and the drawing doesn't need display or input
device,  but unfortunately, wxMemomryDC's supper class, wxDC, is
tied to display device and I have to call gtk_init (&argc, &argv)
for wxWidget to work.

Since the cgi host does not have X-Win, I will use xvfb for
gtk_init (&argc, &argv), would you please give me hints/reference
on how to initializie gtk with xvfb ? or any alternative without using
xvfb in gtk initialization without display/input device.

Nothing special. You need to set the DISPLAY envvar though. When
lauching the Xvfb you pass the display number, use that for the envvar.
Alternatively you can use the gdk_display_manager to open the display
for gtk. I do this in my unit-tests to run without visible effects [1]

Stefan

[1]:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/buzztard/buzztard/tests/bt-check.c?rev=1.19&view=auto
see 'gtk+ gui tests'