Re: Hello.

Glenn Martin writes:
i get the following error and i cant figure out the
solution. "ERROR **: file shape.c: line 75 (pango_shape): assertion
failed: (glyphs->num_glyphs > 0)".

I think this error can be the end result of several different root
causes. Is your Pango installation correct, or have you moved DLLs
around so that Pango can't find its configuration files
(etc/pango/pango.modules and etc/pango/pango.aliases) or shaper
modules (lib/pango/1.4.0/modules/*.dll)?

I.e., you should have the Pango (and GTK, for that matter) DLLs and
other stuff in *exactly* the folder hierarchy as they are when
distributed. You should not copy (only) the DLLs. You can install
Pango, GTK, GLib, atk in whatever location you choose (and you
probably should install them all in the same location), but you should
not move files around inside the installation tree. (With "install"
here, I simply mean "unpack the distribution zipfiles". If you use an
executable installer, that (hopefully) really doesn't do much more
than unzipping the zipfiles would.)

Another possibility is that your Windows system font is somehow odd,
what is it? Check in Display Properties. It should preferrably be
something like Arial or Tahoma, I think.

--tml