Glib equivalent to std::set

I've been wanting to start an app in C++, but am leaning towards GLib
partly because of its easy Python integration.  My question is, what is
the best way to get a std::set equivalent in GLib?  For those of you who
aren't big on the C++ Standard Template Library, a std::set is a type of
container that is always sorted and never contains duplicates.  Am I
pretty much stuck creating a derived GLib class for this?  While this is
my hunch, I'd really rather someone slap the silliness out of me and
tell me about one or five functions that will do the same thing just as
efficiently.  Thanks yo.