Re: clearing gtkliststore and gtktreestore

Am Donnerstag, den 16.02.2006, 14:18 -0500 schrieb devel:
I'm having problems with clearing a treestore and a liststore.
gtk_list_store_clear() and gtk_tree_store_clear() are clearing the
lists visually (can see this in the GUI, obviously), but appear to be
leaving "copies" behind and my memory is being sucked dry. I was going
to try a memory leak tester to help me out, but I'm currently
developing this app for windows and can't seem to find a tester for
windows.

I suppose you're using

gtk_list_store_set (store, &iter, STR_COLUMN, g_strdup (mystr), -1);

Please don't dup the data yourself, GTK+ will do this for you based on
the column type by calling the appropriate duplication routines. If you
want to insert complex data, either use GObjects (these will be unrefed
when they're removed from the model), or use plain structs and subclass
G_TYPE_BOXED.

--
Christian Neumair <chris gnome-de org>